   Re: XML over HTTP: SOAP and ...?

  • From: "Dave Winer" <dave@userland.com>
  • To: "DuCharme, Robert" <DuCharmR@moodys.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:05:50 -0800

Robert, this was a mistake made in the specification of SOAP. I feel it
should have pointed to XML-RPC, and I apologize for not insisting on that
when the spec was going out.

There has been a lot of activity since XTech, and it looks like Don Box's
implementation of SOAP will interoperate with XML-RPC. I've asked Microsoft
to do the same with their implementation of SOAP.

Dave