   RE: Random XTech observations

  • From: "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>
  • To: "'Frank Boumphrey'" <bckman@ix.netcom.com>, martind@netfolder.com, Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 19:27:21 -0800

Title: RE: Random XTech observations

I totally agree. XTech was roughly on par with a USENIX conference. As someone who has lived in the highly-commercial world of NT and COM programming, the quasi-academic format was quite refreshing when compared to the SD model of canned powerpoint presentations and flashy product demos.

DB
http://www.develop.com/dbox