   Re: Fixing XML-DEV (was RE: State of the art in listserves)

  • From: Steve Harris <sharris@primus.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: 09 Mar 2000 08:47:24 -0800

"Tolkin, Steve" <Steve.Tolkin@fmr.com> writes:

[...]

> I personally would like to have each message copied to a Usenet newsgroup.
> Then I could use gnus to read the messages daily,
> rather than having to deal with them in my corporate standard Outlook.

If you have an IMAP service running (some Exchange shops support this
as well), you can point Gnus at it and read your mail exactly like you
read your newsgroups. Of course, Gnus can also talk to POP3 or a local
spool, if you can keep those out of Exchange's grasp. You'd probably
be without procmail, but Gnus can do splitting for you.

--
Steven E. Harris
Primus Knowledge Solutions, Inc.