   plea for consistency

  • From: "Mark Volkmann" <volkmann@inlink.com>
  • To: "xml-dev" <xml-dev@XML.ORG>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:58:07 -0600

The naming convention in XSLT and XPATH is to make element and attribute
names all lowercase and separate words with hyphens. The naming convention
in XML Schema is camel-case, like that of Java.

I don't really care which is used but I'd prefer that one be selected.
Otherwise we'll all have to remember which convention is in effect as we
switch between the tasks for creating style sheets and schemas.

XSLT and XPath are recommendations. XML Schema is still a working draft. It
makes the most sense to change the convention of XML Schema before it
becomes a recommendation.

Has this already been discussed?