   Re: XSLT transformation sheet for W3C recommendations...

  • From: "Eve L. Maler" <elm@east.sun.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:10:26 -0500

At 09:21 AM 3/27/00 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>There's an ongoing effort to release a new cleaned-up version of this
>and the DTD it goes with
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-1-20000225/xmlspec-19990429.dtd
>
>but I don't have a note to hand of who's co-ordinating that effort.

Hi folks-- The official place to get the latest XMLspec DTD is:

   http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec.dtd (latest DTD)
   http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-v20.dtd (this release)
   http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-report.htm (latest doc'n)
   http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-report-v20.htm (this release of doc'n)

I've been working on a V2.1 (out RSN) and Ben Trafford has been working on
a canonical XSLT-to-HTML stylesheet for it, though right now it's not as
sophisticated in its output as the one used as the basis for the XML Schema
specs.  In each release of the DTD, I try to include the features that
users have been adding to it themselves for real spec authoring/production,
wherever it seems that those additions are generally useful.

The documentation provides links to a number of known formatting
implementations that work with XMLspec, but some of them are probably out
of date now.  If you're interested in following XMLspec development,
there's a public W3C list you can join called spec-prod@w3.org (you can
join by sending s u b s c r i b e email to spec-prod-request).  That's
where I'll announce V2.1, and that's also where I ask for feedback on new
features.

         Eve

Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    elm @ east.sun.com