   Re: xml search engine?

  • From: Reinout van Rees <rr@cti036.citg.tudelft.nl>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 16:16:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Len Bullard wrote:

> The trick is to ask the the namespace, not the tree.

> If I have to know position, how can I ask a question of a tree I've
> never seen.  But, if I have a namespace, I can ask for names in it:
>
> ? germany interwar hyperinflation causes
>
> should return the aggregate of treelocs to branches like that; an
> XLink if you like.

I'm not sure I get what you mean with this solution.
I can envision "hey, he askes about nuke, megaton and destruction,
let's only look for atomic.dtd pages". So, the search engine first
guesses some possible nice DTD's and then searches in conforming
pages. The problem is that much general info will be made with, say,
the docbook dtd... Nothing special about that, only a general book
layout...

Could you explain what you *do* mean?

greetings,

Reinout