   SAX2: Please evaluate XMLWriter.java ASAP

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: XML-Dev List <xml-dev@XML.ORG>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:37:13 -0400 (EDT)

I have just written a fairly simple XMLWriter class with good
Namespace support -- it implements XMLFilter, so that it can both
serialize SAX2 events as an XML document *and* pass those events on
downstream, if desired.  Here are links to the new class and to a
small test app:

  http://www.megginson.com/Software/XMLWriter.java

  http://www.megginson.com/Software/TestXMLWriter.java

Does this belong in the SAX2 core, or should I distribute it in a
separate filter package in a com.megginson package (like RDFFilter)?
Please take a look and beat up on this quickly, because I don't want
it to hold up SAX2 either way.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/