   XML-DEV in crisis

  • From: Steven Rowe <sarowe@textwise.com>
  • To: laura.walker@oasis-open.org, alan.hester@oasis-open.org
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:44:38 -0400

Hello,

I'm writing to you because I don't know another way to communicate
with the XML-DEV list administrator(s).  Please forward this to them,
if possible.

I've been an XML-DEV subscriber for about 8 months.  When OASIS took
over administration of the list, service levels went way down.  I've
seen many people complain that round-trip receipt time is over half a
day.  This is unacceptably slow.  The archives maintained at xml.org
are also unacceptably maintained.  To quote a list member: "What is
OASIS doing about the problems on the XML-DEV list?"  Several posts to
the list suggested ways to immediately improve turnaround.  These were
apparently disregarded.

I would not have written, except that I have not received *any*
messages from the list since Tuesday evening - more than 36 hours.  I
can see on egroups.com that the list is still operational, so what's
going on?  Have I been unsubscribed without my knowledge?

I appreciate the fact that you've taken responsibility for hosting an
important community.  Can you now take the next step, and invest the
necessary resources to maintain the list as it should be maintained?

Respectfully,
Steven Rowe
MNIS - TextWise Labs