   RE: XML-DEV LIST ADMIN UPDATE

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@docuverse.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:48:27 -0700

>My understanding is that OASIS derive little if any benefit
>from hosting this list - if so, a bit more patience and a bit
>less bluster may be in order.

Benefit has nothing to do with it.  When I give my words, I
take full responsibilities for those words even if there are
no material benefits and even if those words were uttered in
ignorance or in error.  If the words can not be kept, appology
is the very least one can offer to redeem his honor.

>I just that I think it's a bad idea, so I start to question
>peoples motives when I believe they're acting inordinately
>upset.

My answer to your unasked question is no.  I have zero
intentions or ulterior motives regarding XML-DEV beyond my
wish to keep it alive as long as possible.  I have been on
this list for more than two years now so it is natural for
me to be upset if it was destroyed by inattention.  I have
piped up about the mailing list problems to fix them, not to
tear this place down.

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark@docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com