   RE: Interesting @ infoworld

  • From: "Steven Livingstone" <s.livingstone@btinternet.com>
  • To: "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:01:34 +0100

Not sure if this is something you know and it's a test or you are asking out
of interest ;-)

I'd guess that it's similar to something I worked on. Basically you can
associate the XML file with a particular processing parser (eg. I use ASP)
and set the content header to "text/html".

If you do the same for .xsl, you can do the full transform on the server and
still write out XML.

Maybe their XML editor also strips out the parser tags (eg. <%%> for ASP)
and so they can have a dynamic XML/XSL files.

It's my guess anyway from something I did.

Cheers,
Steven

Author
Pro XML
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861003110
Pro Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Pro Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505

Steven Livingstone
Glasgow, Scotland.
07771 957 280 or +447771957280