   RE: External Resources: Catalogs, XInclude, XBase

  • From: Michael Rossi <mrossi@crusher.jcals.csc.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:01:17 -0400

Paul Grosso wrote:

> At 13:47 2000 04 17 +0100, Leigh Dodds wrote:
> > <snip/>
> >
> >Isn't this something of a problem? Doesn't the usefulness of
> >a PI/Catalog mechanism also apply in this case?
>
> I'm not sure what PIs have to do with this discussion.

   Hi Paul :-). I'm sure she meant Public Identifiers (PIs), not Processing
Instructions (PIs). I used to try to get around this by using FPI for the
former, but they're not always "Formal" - arghh! Maybe we could use FPI
(Formal Public Identifier) and IPI (Informal Public Identifier), to stay
clear of PI (Processing Instruction).

   Did I just say that? :-)

Michael A. Rossi
mailto:mrossi@csc.com