   SAX2/Java: less than a week left for comments

  • From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • To: XML-Dev List <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:45:28 -0400 (EDT)

I am happy to announce that either (a) the SAX2 prerelease available
at

  http://www.megginson.com/SAX/SAX2/

is nearly perfect, or (b) XML-Dev'ers are getting lazy.  I've had very
few bug reports since SAX2pre went it, so it looks like we're in good
shape for a final release a week from tomorrow (Friday).

All of the SAX2pre problems reported so far are documentation issues:

- specify whether xml: prefix has a start/endPrefix event
- document the fact that XMLReader.parse is synchronous
- document the fact that event handlers are synchronous (XMLReader
  must wait for one to return before delivering next event)

Is there anything else that we need to change before going final?  The
deadline is next Wednesday.

Thanks, and all the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/