   list server: need recommendations

  • From: "Karl Best" <kfbest@earthlink.net>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:28:56 -0400

Norm has been working for several days now reconfiguring the mail list
server, and we have seen some improvement. At some point soon, however, it
looks like we ought to find a new hosting service for this and the other
mail lists that OASIS  provides.

I would like to ask for recommendations. If any of you have had experience,
good or bad, with a commercial mail list hosting service that is capable of
handling large amounts of traffic, would you please contact me? I'm not
looking for "deals" or someone who will do this for free, or someone who
does this as a sideline; I want to do this right.

(Please contact me directly rather than replying to the list; this is
off-topic for xml-dev.)

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS