   RE: high level XML handling

  • From: "Eugene Kuznetsov" <eugene@datapower.com>
  • To: "Wojtek Sobczuk" <sopel@system.pl>, <xml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 09:53:51 -0400

If it's simple enough, you could just use a list of tags & handlers on top of an event-based parser. For more complicated things, you would need a state machine or a stack of some kind. Eventually, when it gets complex and general enough, it makes sense to have a tree -- although probably nothing as complex as DOM.