   List server: I'm done

  • From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  • To: XML-Dev List <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: 03 May 2000 15:43:08 -0400

Hello world,

I'm happy to report that I'm finished tinkering with the mail
stuff at OASIS and XML.org (those of you who've never done list
management or emergency sysadmin work can only imagine how happy
I am to report that I'm finished.)

All of the lists run by lists.oasis-open.org and xml.org are now
experiencing response times of less than 40 minutes on average.
In my opinion, that means the fire is out and the lists are
usable.  Many thanks to the members of the list who provided
prompt, useful, and accurate answers to my many questions over
the last couple of weeks.

I know that Karl is actively pursuing the available options for
improving that time even further (new hardware, new ISPs, etc.),
but I've done everything that my somewhat limited experience
makes possible.

All of the lists also have 'up-to-the-minute' archives created
by hypermail at http://xml.org/archives/. I didn't get automatic
indexing or web searching in place, but I'm sure OASIS will so
that as quickly as possible.

I'm going to try to go back to my day job now. Er, what is it I
do again? :-)

                               Yours with tremendous relief,
                                 norm

--