   Re: Washington Post column on Ballmer

  • From: Erika Meyer <erika@seastorm.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 15:09:09 -0700

We need to start viewing reporters more critically.  To say "he's
non-technical" is not an excuse, but it is a factor.

I've followed PBS and print news reporting of Microsoft issues and
most of these journalists barely understand the difference between an
application and an operating system, much less what XML is.

And many journalists seem to think Microsoft created heaven and
earth.  I don't know why they think that, but they do.

In general, journalists do make mistakes, even misquoting or
misrepresenting people and situations.  The problems come when people
assume that everything journalists write is accurate, and jump to
react.

We should all be skeptical of what we read & hear even (especially)
in mainstream media.

Erika

erika@seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com