   Announce xmlBlaster release 0.76

  • From: Marcel Ruff <ruff@swand.lake.de>
  • To: "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@XML.ORG>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 22:13:51 +0200

Hi,

i'm not shure if this is a right place to post,
so if you feel it is off topic please tell me.

We just released a new version 0.76 of xmlBlaster,
the open source MOM (message oriented middleware),
which is free for commercials as well (LGPL):

   http://www.xmlBlaster.org

Nice to look at is the browser callback demo
on our homepage http://www.xmlBlaster.org

XmlBlaster is a publish/subscribe and point to point MOM server
(message-oriented
middleware) which exchanges messages between publishers and subscribers.
The
message is described with XML-encoded meta information. Messages may
contain
everything, GIF images, Java objects, Python scripts, XML data, a word
document,
plain text - just anything.

Communication with the server is based on CORBA (using JacORB), and
subscribers
can use XPath expressions to filter the messages they wish to receive.
If for some clients CORBA is too rigid as communication protocol, other
protocols like
email or http may be plugged in.

XmlBlaster uses the Sun XML parser for XML parsing, and XT from James
Clark for
XSL parsing.

The xmlBlaster server is pure Java, and runs with JDK 1.2 or better.
JDK 1.1x could be supported as well, if there is any interest.

Note that Perl, C/C++, Java (applications, applets, servlets) and
Javascript
client demos are in the mlBlaster testsuite,
and we are hoping to provide Tcl and Python demo clients one day.
(Any CORBA aware language can be connected).
The servlet variant supports a persitent http connection,
which allows to send instant messages to browsers like
Netscape, Mozilla and Explorer.

Regarding your intense SOAP discussion,
we are thinking of implementing an XML-RPC gateway.
(And maybe even SOAP one day).

best regards,

Marcel

--