   Recommended

  • From: Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
  • To: clbullar@ingr.com
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 20:28:35 -0500

For relief from X3D, XML and things too code bound,
some recommended reading:

"The Social Life of Information" - John Seely Brown, Paul Duguid
Harvard Business School Press

Light reading and a good damper for hyperbolic web rant.
Also, some interesting implications for building 3D interfaces.

Socialization of information space is possible
for bots in 3D because the gestural scripts for
the transaction are more subtle and can directly
model human gesture already learned.  While they
are in fact, simulacrums, the fiction works because
the human is already conditioned to respond to them.

The trick is to get the bot to read our expressions
so it will know where we want it to be tonight.

len