   XML Spy and ICComNet

  • From: "David E. Cleary" <davec@progress.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 16:55:49 -0400

I've just installed the beta version of XML Spy. Shortly thereafter, I
discovered a process called ICComNet.exe was running on my machine. Upon
further investigation, I found:

1. this file was installed by XML Spy in my \WinNT directory
2. that it was created by a German company
3. that it is an out of process COM server
4. That the type library includes methods FindServer, SendDatagram etc.

I'm curious if anyone knows anything about this file. It smells like a
trojan horse to me. I could not find ANYTHING about this file while
searching the web or discussion groups.

David Cleary
Progress Software