   Re: Empty element tags in expat

  • From: Clark Cooper <coopercc@netheaven.com>
  • To: jan.arve@birdstep.org
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:39:45 -0400

jan.arve@birdstep.org wrote:
-- I'm telling expat to parse this little document fragment:
-- <?xml version="1.0"?>
-- <size height="180" width="70"/>
--
-- It seems that expat will parse it with no complaints
-- and output it to my handlers as "size" is stored as a start/end-element

In your start handler, call the defaultCurrent function. Then check
whether the returned string ends with "/>". If so, you've got an empty
tag and can generate one. You'll also need to record this fact in your
user data so that your end handler doesn't generate an end tag.

--
Clark Cooper		Software Engineer	Home:   coopercc@netheaven.com
			Schenectady, NY	USA	Work:   cccooper@ltionline.com