   Website Description Markup

  • From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 11:27:33 +0100

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a markup language which allows the
description of a website, particularly its navigational
structure.

I'm involved in rapidly prototyping an website, and it
occured to me that having a document which describes
the site structure (essentially a site map) would be
a useful starting point.

XSLT could then be used to generate a plain HTML version
of the site to 'visualise' the desired structure.

I'm not interested in capturing the content of the page,
other than perhaps a description of its function. At the
moment my focus is on navigational structure which I think
is an important foundation.

I'd be interested to see what work others have done in
this area before I jump in myself.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitates"