   Re: Anyone use Lore XML Database from Stanford ?

  • From: "Laurent Bossavit" <laurent@mmania.com>
  • To: "Ashvil" <ashvil@i3connect.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:40:25 +0200

Ashvil asked :

> I was wonder if anyone used the Lore XML Database from Stanford.

Played around with it a bit. It's very much a vehicle for research,
rather than a general-purpose product, at least in its current state;
the underlying technology definitely could be put to good use in an
XML data server for production use. As it is, it lacks a network
query protocol (all command line, or build an app against the
library) and administration tools. Also, it's not open source.

If you want an XML data servers to mess around with in the process of
prototyping your application, you should go with eXcelon; the eval
version is freely available, even if deployment licenses aren't
cheap. For pointers to other XML data servers, and technical
discussion, have a look at the xml-server list archives :
   http://www.egroups.com/group/xml-server