   Re: Parse Error Not Thrown When Expected

  • From: "David Brownell" <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • To: "Laura Neitzel" <laura.neitzel@moai.com>, "'John Cowan'" <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:23:14 +0200

It's no more (or less) than the SAX spec not defining where
such errors get reported.  I know that at one point Sun's
parser did content model checks after elements were fully
parsed (as in the "problem" case) but got changed to report
them after only start tags were parsed (per the desire here).
So one option is to switch to a different parser.

- Dave