   Re: Irony heaped on irony

  • From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:36:25 +0100 (BST)

> I could move the schema, but that would break lots of _other_
> schemas, including the schema for schemas, which depend on it.

Given that it isn't at all clear what, if anything, will eventually
be the norm to place at a namespace URI, including several
packaging/catalogue proposals that would allow multiple resources to be
associated, wouldn't it be safer to write the schema for schema in such
a way that the schema for xml namespaced attributes is located at some
other URI than the namespace itself, so it doesn't break if eventually
you want to place something other than a schema definition file at that
URI?

It's one thing to say that in the absence of any other information a
schema processor might look for a schema at the namespace URI, but its
another thing to say the schema _has_ to go there, or it doesn't work.

David