   Re: Ambiguity in XML spec

  • From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
  • To: "Brown, Bryan" <bryanb@upshot.com>, "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:04:56 -0500

At 15:15 2000 05 17 -0700, Brown, Bryan wrote:
>I am currently confused on part of the XML spec. It appears to me that
>production 82 (NotationDecl) is ambiguous. I can not find any mention in the
>XML errata, and the editor of the spec (Tim bray) hasn't responded.

It is best to post questions about the XML spec to xml-dev.  You
should not email individual editors of the spec who may no longer
be actively working on it.

Comments on the XML spec should be addressed to xml-editor@w3.org as
indicated in the spec itself.  That mailing address is monitored by
those currently responsible for the spec (which is the XML Core WG).
Comments sent to that mailing list are processed as potential errata,
but it is not a list for back and forth dialog, so questions such as
yours are best sent to xml-dev.

paul