   Re: Newbie question

  • From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no>
  • To: <xml-dev@XML.ORG>
  • Date: 19 May 2000 10:32:47 +0200

* Bill Cummings

| Would anyone care to recommend a good book/tutorial/website etc. on
| Java DOM and SAX programming in regards to XML? I'm having little
| luck myself.

I gave a tutorial about this at XML Scandinavia 2000. You can find the
slides from it at

The tutorial uses Python rather than Java for the examples, but that
shouldn't make any difference. The APIs are the same, and what you
need to learn is not much related to the programming language
anyway. If you don't know Python, that won't be a problem, you can
still read it. (Most of the people at my tutorial didn't know it
either.)

--Lars M.