   Re: domain names distinct from knowledge names (was: XLink a special cas

  • From: "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@techno.com>
  • To: cowan@locke.ccil.org
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 07:53:28 -0500

> From: John Cowan <cowan@locke.ccil.org>
> Date: Mon, 22 May 100 01:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
> Cc: Eve.Maler@east.sun.com, xml-dev@xml.org
>
> Steven R. Newcomb scripsit:
> >
> > [John Cowan:]
> > > Then work hard on getting the FPI registration process repaired,
> > > so that there is a stable alternative.
> >
> > Why that particular name registry?
>
> [long rant about multiple name registries deleted]
>
> I meant the ISO/IEC 9070 Registration Authority.

Last I heard, the underlying name registry for 9070 was a service of
the GCA.  Are you saying that my rant doesn't apply to this particular
name registry service?

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, President, TechnoTeacher, Inc.
srn@techno.com  http://www.techno.com  ftp.techno.com

NEW ADDRESS effective May 1, 2000:

voice: +1 972 359 8160
fax    +1 972 359 0270