   RE: XML _ Java binding

  • From: Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>
  • To: "'Hien Luu'" <Hien@Icarian.com>, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 11:41:22 -0700

(sorry for the late post)

Sun's Adelard project will have something out this summer. Here's a link and
an e-mail:

 http://java.sun.com/xml/docs/binding/DataBinding.html

---------------------
Greetings.

You recently sent a message to me or to xml-binding-comments@java.sun.com
inquiring about the status of our work on the XML Data Binding Specification
(JSR-31 in the Java Community Process).  Here is what I can tell you now;
updated information will be available at JavaOne in early June and on our
web
site (http://java.sun.com/xml) shortly thereafter.

Our project to write the specification for JSR-31, as well as provide a
reference implementation, is code-named "Adelard."

We're currently aiming for a public review of the draft specification some
time
this summer.  We also hope to provide an early-access release of the
implementation at about the same time.  JCP participants will be able to
review
the draft during the earlier participant-review period.

We'll post announcements regarding Adelard and JSR-31 to the public mailing
list xml-announce@java.sun.com; instructions on how to subscribe may be
found
at http://java.sun.com/xml.

I'm afraid this is a form letter, for which I apologize.  Due to the
overwhelming number of inquiries we receive we're unable to answer every
message individually.  I hope you find this information useful.

- Mark Reinhold
  Senior Staff Engineer                 901 San Antonio Road
  Core Java Platform Group              Palo Alto, CA 94303
  Java Software                         408-343-1830
  Sun Microsystems, Inc.                mr@eng.sun.com