   RE: Databases Serving and SPITTING UP XML

  • From: Maulik <mauldave@pcsgnr.patni.com>
  • To: "'xdsl@server.jjgoodwin.com'" <xdsl@server.jjgoodwin.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:41:59 +0530

hi Jay,

	Just think of Enterprise scenario, where different type of databases
exist. As XML is nothing but a simple text files, can be used to transfer
data from one database to another seamlessly.

	this can be done in two ways:
		1.	u use parsers, which read xml file and accordingly update database.
		2.	as u wrote.

	E.g. In simple E-comm application, U can  make a standard acceptable to ur
all clients, including vendors, suppliers and can pass orders, invoices
etc..in xml format, pass it to them using ftp or email, where database can
read that file and update their internal system. Isn't it great???

cheers!!!

Maulik

Maulik Dave
Software Engineer
Patni Computer Systems Ltd.
A-78/9, G.I.D.C. Electronics Estate, Sector-25,
Gandhinagar - 382 044. (Gujarat, INDIA)
Phone : +91-2712-38178 (Ext - 113)