   Attributes problem: getAttributes and getLength

  • From: "Pen Chiang" <ppc@redix.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:48:56 -0400

I am wondering if someone can help me with this problem.  I was using the
getLength method of the NameNodeMap class to get the attributes from my
node. I have two problems in using this method. My first problem is that my
attributes sequence become re-ordered.  Secondly, when the data is not
there, I cannot get my attributes with the #IMPLIED data definition.

Here is my DTD for the Header record:
<!ATTLIST Header	Document_No	CDATA #REQUIRED
			Release_No	CDATA #REQUIRED
			Type_Qualifier	(A |B)	 #IMPLIED
			Qty_Qualifer	CDATA #FIXED "A"
			Type_Code	DATA #FIXED "PS">

My input data:
<Header Document_No="123" Release_No="001" >

By using the code listed below, I got these answers:
<Header Release_No = "001" Document_No = "123" Type_Code"PS" Qty_Qualifer =
"A">

I was hoping to generate the following stream,
<Header  Document_No = "123" Release_No = "001" Type_Qualifier=""
Qty_Qualifer = "A" Type_Code"PS" >

Here is the source code I was using
    // Output any attributes on this element
    DOM_NamedNodeMap attributes = toWrite.getAttributes();
    int attrCount = attributes.getLength();
    for (int i = 0; i < attrCount; i++)
    {
    		DOM_Node  attribute = attributes.item(i);

            cout  << " " << attribute.getNodeName()
            outputContent(target, attribute.getNodeValue());
    }

Can someone tell me how to do this right?

Thanks,
P Chiang