   RE: newbie question for database

  • From: "Schoedl, Andreas" <Andreas.Schoedl@softwareag.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:07:40 +0200

Hi,

did I understand you right? You load XML data in a Java object hierarchie
and want to store the objects? If that's the case, you might want to look
for a ObjectOriented Database with good java integration.

If it's XML you want to store, look at vendors Microsoft's Michael Rys
mentioned. But keep in mind that they only automatize what you are trying to
do by hand right now: they map XML to more or less fitting relational table
structures. Some vendors (my employer included) offer databases that store
XML nativly, that is without breaking XML documents up in pieces that fit
into tables.

I am not here to do marketing, if you want to know more, just email me.

Kind regards,

Andreas

--
This is my own opinion. I am not here to represent my employer. No liability
for Software AG can be assumed.