   Re: Changing the DTD declaration at runtime

  • From: Conrad Roche <conrad.roche@intelligroup.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:49:57 -0700

Laura Neitzel wrote:

> We think that one of the best ways to deal with this is to refer to the dtd
> directly through the filesystem (file:\d:\dtd\1.0\mydtd.dtd). However, for
> various reasons, we can't put the filesystem path in the xml document
> itself. We'd like to be able to translate
> http://www.webserver.com/dtd/1.0/mydtd.dtd to local path
> file:\d:\dtd\1.0\mydtd.dtd.
>
> Any suggestions for where to put the translation?

Laura,

Did you try using relative paths instead of absolute file paths?
("dtd\1.0\mydtd.dtd" instaed of "file:\d:\dtd\1.0\mydtd.dtd"). You will
have to maintain the same directory structure on both the generating and
receiving ends. Of course, this is possible only if the dtd and the
servlet reside on the same server.

Another option would be to use an internal dtd.

cheers
Conrad