   RE: question?

  • From: "Michael O' Dell" <maod@hotmail.com>
  • To: xml-dev@XML.ORG
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:46:01 GMT

>Tom Passin replied:
>
>So, would you be specific about why and where you think it 'shouldn't
> >work'? What did you think would happen and why?  What actually >happens
>that is different?  Don't make us guess!

If you look at the original mail that I sent out, I have a <Link> tag under
the description tag. However, if you were to look at this structure in a
graphical form, this is what one is presented with:

<division attribute>
	<revenue>...</revenue>
	<growth>...</growth>
	<description>
		some text....
			<link url attribute>some text....</link>
		some more text
	</description>
<division>

To me, the <link> tag should go against the well formed idea of XML. Given
the presense of text, 'some text' within the <description> element,
shouldn't this tag be closed first, before opening the <link> tag?

I hope this makes my problem more understandable.

Again, thanks for any help / suggestions etc.

cheers,

Mike