   SAX2.0 Questions

  • From: "Brown, Bryan" <bryanb@upshot.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@xml.org'" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:02:40 -0700

I'm confused about how to implement SAX 2.0.

Question 1:
What exactly are properties and what would they be used for.... the
documentation seems to be a little sketchy on this one.

Question 2:
SAX 2.0 states that all parsers should recognize
"http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces" but what if your parser is not just
a SAX parser but also can be used to generate DOM, then it would seem to me
that you would be looking for a feature like
"http://www.mydomain/myparser/namespaces" or whatever the point is that if
your parser is not just a SAX parser it would seem silly for all your
features to be within the SAX namespace.
I guess one can say that in the SAX driver of the parser it could catch all
the SAX features and translate the features to features specific for your
parser, but this seems like an awful waste of energy.... am i
misunderstanding the features feature of SAX ?
bryan