   RE: Microsoft's Role in the XML Community (WAS RE: Important: The SAX C+

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:41:55 -0500

However, if we wish to alter their behavior, one recourse
is to provide the definitive test that enables one to
discover that their implementation is aberrant.  In
that way, systems that must inteoperate play tit for tat
and on detecting bad behavior, route around it to look
for an alternative service.  MIT and other Kerberos
community officials document the non-interoperability
of the implementation and give it a low rating.

I agree completely about base services.  It is a problem
everywhere I look in XML languages particularly those
that are being re-represented in so called supersets.
We've discussed this before as the contract for behavioral
fidelity and how that contract has to be testably
expressed in the standards language.

Simplistic, I realize, but I think you get the point.
Children that play well together are rewarded and
those that don't go to time out.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com