   Re: control characters

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@XML.ORG>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:29:34 -0400

At 12:55 PM 6/18/00 -0400, Clark C. Evans wrote:
>That being said, XT provides an output method and
>special tags which can be used to output "raw" text.
>This, IMHO, is the appropriate place for such a
>thing... XSLT is big enough.

It was a long time ago, in idle conference chatter, but someone was talking
about building a simple generic XML->text file converter, that would
support block, inline, list, and table displays, as well as let you convert
elements or entitities to whatever formatting characters you needed.

I've pondered this a lot in a CSS context, but I don't think this had
anything to do with CSS or XSLT - and it was supposed to be a lot simpler
than XSLT.  It wasn't a scripting environment, either.

Does anyone else remember such a thing?

Simon St.Laurent