   Selecting based on Element AND attrib value?

  • From: kgoss@interactcommerce.com
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:31:30 -0700

I'm pulling back a subset of XML that resembles this:

<Clients>
	<Client version="1.0">App1</Client>
	<Client version="2.3">App2</Client>
	<Client version="4.0.0">App3</Client>
</Clients>

My XSL select goes select="Clients[Client='App1']"

In the next step, I try to check that the version attribute is correct, by
going:

When I try to check the version is what I need it to be, by doing:

select="Client[@version='4.0.0']", my XSL still returns the record because
it FINDS a node with the attribute of 4.0.0 in it, rather than
finding me a Client name App1 with its version equal to 4.0.0; I can't seem
to say "Get me a client = to X AND have its version = Y" in my
query.

Any help is appreciated,

Kris