   Re: Oracle Parser Error: External DTD not found with SAX Parser

  • From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@us.oracle.com>
  • To: "John Hosage" <jhosage@virtc.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:00:19 +0200

| I am trying to parse an XML file with an external DTD using the Oracle SAX
| parser.  However, I keep on getting the error "Error opening external DTD
| 'HLA.dtd'".

John,

Any possibility that you're parsing a document from
a stream without setting the baseURL ? Without knowing
the base URL for the original document, relative URL's
like 'HLA.dtd' are not resolvable.

Try constructing an org.xml.sax.InputSource and calling
setSystemId() on it with the base URI for your initial
document if this is the problem.