   A stupid Question

  • From: sudhi <sudhi@planet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:24:16 -0400

Hello All,
This might be a stupid question, or may be off topic. But its in my
head, with out any answers.
In info, comments are really appreciated.

I have a database which is Unicode enabled (say oracle). I can store
unicode data and retrieve unicode data.

Now comes  Application, I know Java uses Unicode. So it can handle
unicode text.

This is where I am stuck, How do I give Unicode to my application. Does
all these browsers send characters as unicode. If I have a form how do I
enter unicode character (say for example chinese, russian etc.).

I am really confused like how this thing work (from the user entered
information to the database).
Any help or a pointer to the information where I can understand this
would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sudhi