   SAX2 fatal error in Xerces-J-1.1.1

  • From: Gopinath <mr_gopinath@yahoo.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev" <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:23:53 +0530

Hi all,
	I am using Xerces 1.1.1 SAXParser.  When I parse the following faulty
xml document which does not have attribute value, the fatal error
doesn't give me enough clue on which attribute is missing '=' character.

	The xml document is

	<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<root>
		<Customer cid="10" cname/>
	</root>

The fatal error is
	Attribute name "Customer" must be followed by the '=' character.
"Customer" is the element name not attribute name and it doesn't give
information about whether 'cid' or 'cname' attribute is invalid.

I have also set the SAX feature to continue on fatal error
SAXParser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/continue-after-fatal-error",
true);
 but I don't get the startElement() event for "Customer".

	I am trying to convert the existing HTML pages to XHTML format so that
I can construct DOM tree of it.  I am missing so many important HTML
tags (like <table border> .. </table> etc..) in the target DOM tree.
	Is the behaviour correct according to SAX2.0/XML specification??  If it
is correct, how to convert the html to xhtml using simple SAX events +
errors generated by SAX ???  I don't want to use other HTML parsers to
do this.
Is the behaviour same in XP also?? If XP can give more info I don't mind
using that.  Any XP users please reply back.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated..

regards,
Gopinath M.R.
Aztec software