   What

  • From: "Sarveshwar Rao Duddu" <duddu@vsnl.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:54:11 +0530

Hi,

Following is an excerpt from the xml spec (from section 2.9, Standalone
document declaration):

In a standalone document declaration, the value "yes" indicates that there
are no markup declarations external to the document entity (either in the
DTD external subset, or in an external parameter entity referenced from the
internal subset) which affect the information passed from the XML processor
to the application. The value "no" indicates that there are or may be such
external markup declarations.

"Note that the standalone document declaration only denotes the presence of
external declarations; the presence, in a document, of references to
external entities, when those entities are internally declared, does not
change its standalone status."

Can somebody please explain me the (quoted) last sentence? I cannot, without
help, make much sense about it!

Regards
Sarv