   RE: History

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: XML-DEV@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:40:20 -0500

This is a delightful page.  I have mentioned
before that we should have the history of
markup technologies.  I should have known
the father of this business would have already
done that.  Dr. Goldfarb's pages have the
important names, the contributions, and the
notions that drove markup into the present.

Recommended reading for the mythbusters among
us because this definitely is from the horse's
mouth.

I finally know who the very first professional
document type designer was, who first proposed
separating content from format, and what subject
is 'drier than SGML'.

http://www.sgmlsource.com/history

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety