   RE: Microsoft's Role in the XML Community (WAS RE: Important: The SAX

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: gurun@acc.umu.se
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:08:40 -0500

I think of it as enlightened self-interest:  the realization
of the importance to one's own interests of cooperation,
patience, and a long range set of goals.  Yet, the zeitgeist
is there and patience is sometimes more important than any
other virtue.  The time context is key.  Real demand has to
exist so that lots of individuals become willing and realize the
same things at about the same time.  XML gives a way to cooperate
and validate the behavior of cooperation.  That is what I mean
by "shapes the behavior".  The rewards are immediate and tangible
and so are the negative reinforcements yet the means or way are
actually easy to learn and comprehend.  So in the Tit for Tat
scenario, it meets the requirements of clarity, provocability
and restraint.

Tell us what you think should be emphasized about XSL in a few paragraphs.
Threads on this list have often been the inspiration or source
for information in Robin Cover's or Leigh Dodd's pages.  If you
have a inspiration, share it by all means.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~cbullard/lensongs.ram