   Re: position()

  • From: Andrew n marshall <amarshal@zig.usc.edu>
  • To: gauti@mindless.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

I think the position() function is getting it value from teh globabl
position in the document, as in a depth first search of the
docuemnt tree.  Foreample:

1. itemlist
2. item (the first template match)
3. name
4. item (the second template match)
5. name

I don't know enough about XSLT to localize the context, but it looks like
the example under 7.7 of the spec does what you want (it uses a for-each
statemtent).

Anm