   RE: across varied servers

  • From: Xiao Hu <mhu_97@yahoo.com>
  • To: KenNorth@email.msn.com, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 12:07:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Ken , in the enviroment u are talking below, I
guess u are absolutely going to use some component
technologies - such as COM or CORBA, ok, here's some
ways, if u have a parnter whose app. were done in VB
before, as soon as your guys can come out with some
standards in between - like data change format which
is normal for all the Trading Parnters, then you can
implement some kind of data parsing Objects ( could be
CORBA or COM(+) based XML enabled data parsing objects
) to exchange standard data format, like the way
BitsTalk server does right now, in general, for all
the other platforms, there should be somehow to come
out with the data standards, for example: using XML as
the data schemas, without data change standards,
everthing we are talking about are just does not make
any sense ...... just think about the relationship
between NT/Win2000 and mainframe ( any leg. system ),
how u can getting data from mainframe and importing
into Nt or Win 2000 side, and sending forward to Unix
or OpenVMS, etc., we have to know the data format at
mainframe side first, then u can write your Object -
either COM or CORBA to pick up the data and importing
into NT or Win2000 side, process them and exporting to
the targets, like Unix/OpenVMS ...., and this is part
of the way we do for one of the big bank in the city,
working pretty well, the whole process was automated -
we have a COM object package running in the middle NT
server, this package takes care of FTP and transfer
data from mainframe side, and importing into middle
repository database, then another set of Objects come
in and implement all the buniness rules and publish
the data through the dedicated web-site and exporting
to the target system which is Sun Solaris Unix server
... the whole process was automated and load-balanced,
the published data also available as XML schema for
the CORBA objects which pump the data as XML stream to
the different clinet browsers through JAVA applets,
this just part of it, u can do in lot of different
ways, in a simple word - right now, all the enterprise
system goes through lot of different platforms, and
with the new XML technologies, combining with
component technoligies, we can go freely to anywhere
we want to, cheers and nice week-end, I'll talk to
your guys on monday.

mark@fintrack.com
212-680-8664/8663
646-872-7341(cell)