   Re: W3C XML Schema Questionaire

  • From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 01:58:23 -0500

Michael Brennan wrote:

> I strongly agree with the above statement. Too many parties have tried to
> get version 1.0 of the schema spec to solve too many problems. I think the
> vast majority of developers just want the DTD functionality in XML syntax
> with stronger data types now and are willing to wait for the other stuff as
> they better digest the implications.

Many of the complex features in XML Schema are intended to emulate
sophisticated uses of DTDs. XML Schema will have a whole new problem if
competent DTD designers will not move to Schemas because they are not as
powerful as DTDs.

"Computer Associates is expected to come in with better than expected
earnings." Bob O'Brien, quoted in
	- http://www.fool.com/news/2000/foth000316.htm