   Re: Real needs XML Schema must address (was re: W3C XML Schema Question

  • From: James Robertson <jamesr@steptwo.com.au>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:55:30 +1000

At 01:32 10/07/2000, Rick JELLIFFE wrote:

>Michael Champion wrote:

I'm going to go one step further: the requirements for XML
Schemas should be defined in order to meet specified use cases.
These use cases detail real-world problems that are to be
solved by the schemas.

I think that domain requirements are better than technology requirements,
but they are still far too abstract for my liking.

So why don't we start with a fully-worked-out set of concrete
examples, and work back from there?

This would help to avoid the problem we've had with a number
of the specs so far:

Build a solution, but don't define how it should be used in
reality. Everyone then goes off and does something different ...
and we're back to square one.

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@steptwo.com.au