   Re: power uses of XML vs. simple uses of XML

  • From: "KenNorth" <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 05:08:06 -0700

Mike,

<< Doing the validation in a SAX Filter application that can be inserted in
front of any "real" application (and removed when the sender is sufficiently
trusted) is an alternative that works very nicely.

That seems to assume the validation occurs only on receiving a document.
What if I'm validating because I'm generating a document using a PL/SQL
procedure, a C++ program, a Perl script or whatever?

How do I handle errors if I insert a Java server into the process to do the
validation? I'd need a clean solution for passing the SAX error info from a
Java program to Perl, C++, and PL/SQL.

Isn't it simpler to support a language-agnostic solution by putting rules in
a schema?