   Different schemas....

  • From: Pamela Rais <pamela.rais@tridion.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:30:15 +0200

Title: Different schemas....

I see that Microsoft has Msxml 2.0 with Schema support which I think I understand correctly to be a slight deviation from the actual w3c proposal. What does this mean to developers who want to do early implementations?

Of the few schemas I've seen... there are references to both w3c and Microsoft datatypes in their schema attributes or sometimes references to only MS data + datatypes and not w3c. Which is correct/common/good practise? Does the MS datatype schema do something that the w3c's can't?

Are there other such deviations from the Schema proposal out there?
If so, what are they?

I'd appreciate any info that can enlighten me. I'm making the jump from SGML/DTD's and it seems quite daunting.

Regards,
Pamela Rais
pamela.rais@tridion.com