   RE: power uses of XML vs. simple uses of XML

  • From: johns@syscore.com (John F. Schlesinger)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:38:35 -0400

Gavin wrote:

"Most applications are not structured for arbitrary embedding."

Absolutely right, but most documents ARE written to be processed by many
applications. Documents that use namespaces provide a single, simple way for
all applications to pick out exactly what they are to process. Using your
approach every application has to have its own little bit of AI.

Yours,
John F Schlesinger
SysCore Solutions
212 619 5200 x 219